We are fortunate in Canada to have various tax incentive programs available. These incentives are designed to encourage Canadian businesses in all sectors and of all sizes to conduct research and development in Canada. Boule Management can help business to determine if they are eligible for tax incentive programs and champion the application process.
Boule can help you establish the criteria and recommend the best tax incentive program(s). The method to establish this involves answering the following five questions:
- Was there a scientific or a technological uncertainty?
- Did the effort involve formulating hypotheses specifically aimed at reducing or eliminating that uncertainty?
- Was the overall approach adopted consistent with a systematic investigation or search, including formulating and testing the hypotheses by means of experiment or analysis?
- Was the overall approach undertaken for the purpose of achieving a scientific or a technological advancement?
- Was a record of the hypotheses tested and the results kept as the work progressed?
Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Credit
National Research Council Financial Assistance – Industrial Research Assistance Program
BC Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
Canada Media Fund (CMF)